25 Bible Verses for When You Feel Like You Can’t Do Anything Right
There are times when I feel like I can’t do anything right. Everything I touch crumbles, and it appears I’m incapable of getting it together. Mistakes, mishaps, and misses seem to be all I can muster up.
Maybe you’ve experienced periods like this too?
Whenever I find my self in a mistake-making-rut, feelings of worthlessness invade my thoughts and before I know it I’m tempted to quit and give up altogether. But then I remember I don’t have to let my mistakes define me. I’m a daughter of the King—created in Christ Jesus to do good things (Eph. 2:10).
God knows every step I’ll take before I take it. He isn’t surprised when I mess up, nor does he hold those things against me—God will use me for His glory despite my failures. For when I confess my sins (or admit that I can’t do this on my own) God is good to forgive, and when I seek His help, He generously gives it. And with God’s help, I’ll see my mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
Are you in a mistake-making-rut? If you’re not in one now, chances are you’ve found yourself in a mistaking-making-rut at some point in your life. Here are Five Truths to Remember and 25 bible verses to reflect on when you feel like you can’t do anything right.
Remember God’s Love, Mercy & Forgiveness
1. “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” (Psalm 103:1-5 ESV)
2. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV)
3. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 NIV)
4. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9 NIV)
5. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:1-2 NIV)
Remember to Learn & Grow From Your Mistakes
6. “As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly. Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.” (Proverbs 26:11-12 NIV)
7. “An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.” (Proverbs 18:15 ESV)
8. “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” (James 1:2-4 NLT)
Remember That You Can Seek God’s Help
9. “The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.” (Psalm 37:23-24 ESV)
10. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)
11. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.” (Proverbs 3:5-7 NIV)
12. “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV)
13. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” (Proverbs 55:22 NIV)
Remember that You Were Intentionally Created & Have a Purpose
14. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV)
15. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28 ESV)
16. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)
17. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Eph. 2:10 ESV)
Remember to Persevere & Never Give Up
18. “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 3:13-14)
19. “And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.” (2 Thess. 3:13 NIV)
20. “But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.” (2 Chronicles. 15:7 ESV)
21. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matt. 11:28-29 NIV)
22. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7 NIV)
23. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9 NIV)
24. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Phil 1:6 ESV)
25. “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” (Phil 4:13 NLT)
FREE PRINTABLE! Download a PDF version of these Bible verses here.
Thank you for joining me! I hope these scriptures will encourage you to remember God’s goodness, believe you have a purpose, seek His help when you need it, see your mistakes as growth opportunities, and persevere when you’re tempted to give up. ~Kelly
To sign up for my newsletter and follow along Click Here. Everyone who subscribes will never miss an article and stay updated on when new freebies become available!