Would you like to write a guest post for the Petals of Wisdom Devotions series?
The current theme for the Petals Of Wisdom series is Sweet Smelling Fruit: Cultivating a heart that lives by the spirit.
In this series we’ll be taking a closer look at the Fruits Of The Spirit.
Instead of covering them all in one series, I have decided to break them up and spend a few weeks on each of the nine Fruits of the Spirit. This will allow more time to focus on each one.
Submissions are currently closed but will open back up soon.
Stay In The Know
If you would like to be notified when the next topic is posted click here.
Please review the following guest post guidelines before submitting your devotion.
• If you haven’t done so already, be sure to read the Petals Of Wisdom page so you will have a better understanding of the purpose behind this devotional series.
• Before you begin, spend some time in prayer and ask God to guide your words as you write your devotion.
• Please make sure your devotion goes along with the current theme before submitting your piece.
• Be sure to submit your devotion by the cut off date.
• Please limit your submissions to one devotion per topic.
• Your devotion should be original work and not previously published online, including on your personal blog.
• Please write your devotion in the preferred writing style. Devotions should encourage and inspire the reader to grow in a friendly manner. Please don’t submit poems or anything that sounds poetic. Click here to view and print the template for the preferred writing style.
• Please keep your devotion between 250-400 words in length. This includes the closing prayer.
• When referencing scripture please use either the [NIV] or [ESV].
• Please check your devotion for grammatical errors before submitting it. I reserve the right to edit articles for length, clarity and conformance with selected style guides. If adjustments are needed, I will do my best to let you know of any necessary changes.
• When preparing your Author Bio please keep it short. If you would like readers to connect with you on social media, you may include 1-2 links in your bio. Don’t worry about sending in a photo right now, I will get that from you at a later date.
• Once you are ready, please use the form located at the bottom of this page to submit your devotion.
Do I have to follow the preferred writing template?
Please try to follow it to the best of your ability. As long as you use the template as a guide and hit all the points it should be fine.
What happens after I submit my devotion?
I will send you a welcome email a few days after you submit your devotion. The email will contain all of the important details you will need to know about your guest post, so you’ll want to make sure you save it. I will also let you know of any needed adjustments at this time.
Do I still own my work?
Yes, you still own your own work. But please keep in mind your devotion will be archived on the blog and available to readers on the web for the life of the blog. If an opportunity becomes available for you to post the devotion somewhere else, I ask that you please wait 90 days from the original post date and also disclose that your work appeared here first. (i.e. —first appeared on blossominfaith.com or kellybasham.com, November 2017)
Do I need to prepare graphics to go along with my devotion?
All of the graphics will be designed for you, so you don’t have to worry about creating them.
Guest Post Submission Form:
Thank you so much for sharing the gift of your writing. I look forward to reading your words. If you have any questions please contact me. ~Kelly